About Us

Masjid Ahlul Qur’aan Wa Sunnah was established in 1995 by a group of young and energetic brothers eager to learn the sunnah, many brothers squeezed in a small basement apartment to establish the daily salaat, scholars and students of knowledge frequently visit to teach the brothers their deen, in 1996 the location was moved to a larger basement on 150th St and Hillside Ave, due to the rapid growth of the community this location became inadequate, in 1998 the masjid moved to the 109Ave and Van Wyck location at first occupying the front section of the first floor and the basement, in 2001 we had to acquire the upper floor as well and very soon that space seem insufficient so in 2005 another 1200 sq ft space on the back section of the first floor was acquired, and guess what?

you are absolutely correct! we needed more space, in 2010 a church building was purchase for $900.000.00 and renovation started and continued for the next 2 years, the community spent $550,000.00 in renovation and the project was completed just before the beginning of Ramadan 2012, Alhamdilillah and by the mercy and blessings of Allah (subhanahu wa taala) we were granted temporary C of O by the Dept of Buildings and moved in on the 1st day of Ramadan 2012 and just before Eid of the same year Allah (subhanahu wa taala) shower his blessings on the community once more, with persistence and determination 3 days prior to Eid we earned our permanent Certificate of Occupance and we have been there ever since continuing the spread of dawah- tus-salafiyyah to the brothers and sisters who are in search of the truth.